Weekly Updates #44
We are back! After a short break over the holidays, we are working full steam ahead again.
- Marc is making progress on the networking code. We now have some basic physics synchronization working.
- Marcus worked on the automatic statistics system that profiles the performance of our various engine subsystems. He is now working on an automated testing system of our modding API, which will help us with finding bugs and making sure that you can do virtually everything with the API without crashing.
- Philip improved the scheduling and memory management of our terrain generation, leading to higher performance and much lower memory consumption of the whole engine.
- Kersten implemented a subdivision node for our geometry processing pipeline and a "conditional offset" node that can be used for ground vegetation like flowers or herbs. See the screenshots for an example.
- Lukas worked on our SSAO implementation and fixed several smaller bugs in the engine.