Weekly Updates #26
Here is our weekly update. Our exams are mostly over, so we can work at full speed again.
- Tobias and Marc worked on the network system. We may have some basic multiplayer capabilities soon.
- Philip did some refactoring on the engine core; starting and stopping games without restarting is working now. He also continued his work on the new terrain system.
- Kersten integrated the HTML-based GUI into our rendering pipeline, which means that we now have a really powerful ingame GUI.
- Marcus started optimizations on the noise evaluation, which is responsible for most of the time consumed by the terrain generation.
- Lukas adapted the scripting system to the refactorings in the other parts of the engine and started porting our existing GUI to the new system.